The KSI next fight news should come as soon as the popular internet personality is ready to rebound from a split decision loss to Tommy Fury in October. While fans wait for an announcement, here are three potential opponent options for KSI.
Who Will KSI Next Fight Be Against?
Considering KSI’s popularity outside of the traditional world of combat sports, his options can once again blend the legitimate dangers of fighting with the spectacle of sports entertainment. That is why fights with Jake Paul, Slim Albahar, and Tyron Woodley make sense next.
- Jake Paul: KSI and Paul have set their sights on one another in the past but so far haven’t settled their grudge match in the ring. However, Paul’s current trajectory towards career boxers and away from the hybrid world he helped pioneer cast doubt on the matchup. However, if it can be made later this year it would surely generate interest with their large fanbases.
- Slim Albahar: The success of KSI and the Paul brothers has inspired other YouTubers to crossover into boxing. Slim Albahar is among them. Undefeated in his first four fights and engaged in a war of words with KSI, it’s only logical to see them face each other.
- Tyron Woodley: After coming up short in a pair of losing efforts to Jake Paul, the former UFC welterweight champion has been looking to right the ship and score another payday against KSI. Negotiations have failed in the past but with Woodley’s credentials and the personal nature of their trash talk, the potential financial success could bring them back in talks.
KSI vs Tommy Fury Recap
Months after KSI knocked out Joe Fournier (which was eventually overturned to a no-contest for an accidental elbow strike) Tommy Fury stepped into the ring to confront “The Nightmare.” Their intense face-off and the resulting dustup between them set the stage for their bout in October.
What Happened: As part of a double headliner that also featured Logan Paul and Dillon Danis, KSI and Tommy Fury met to settle their feud at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. Despite mutual promises of knockouts, neither man could put their opponent on the floor.
Instead, KSI darted in and out with power punches in between prolonged clinch exchanges.
The Fallout: Even with a second-round point deduction, Fury walked away with a controversial unanimous decision win. KSI and his team submitted an appeal of the decision which was eventually rejected.
The Roadmap: With two blemishes on his record in as many fights, the main goal for KSI is to get back in the win column. Fortunately, the close nature of the Fury loss means that his stock hasn’t dropped too far. Look for the London native to make a big splash on his return.
What Makes KSI So Popular?
KSI’s popularity stems from his versatile career as a content creator on YouTube, as a burgeoning rapper, and boxer. During his rise to fame, he has cultivated a loyal fanbase that has followed him across different mediums.
- KSI record: 4-1-1 NC (3 knockouts, 1 decision)
- KSI height: 6-foot
- KSI was born Olajide Olayinka Williams Olantunji back in 1993
- The Englishman grew to notoriety over a decade ago on YouTube when his commentary videos on FIFA video games made him a star on the platform
- He is also the CEO of Misfits Boxing, which highlights pop culture personalities crossing over to boxing
- KSI holds the Misfit Boxing cruiserweight title
- He made his professional debut against Logan Paul in 2019 and he won the bout by split decision
- KSI partnered with Logan Paul to found the sports drink Prime Hydration. The brand has sponsorship deals with the UFC, WWE, FC Barcelona, and FC Bayern Munich
KSI Net Worth
KSI has parlayed a following on YouTube and social media into a multifaceted business empire. His net worth as of 2024 is reportedly $100 million.