The Anthony Joshua next fight news has arrived, and the two-time former heavyweight champion is set to welcome Francis Ngannou back to the boxing ring. While a belt won’t be up for grabs, the two powerhouses are hoping to make their case for a run at gold.
Who Will Anthony Joshua’s Next Fight Be Against?
After defeating Otto Wallin in the main event of December’s “Day of Reckoning” mega-event, Joshua extended his winning streak to three. However, with Tyson Fury booked to meet Oleksandr Usyk in a title unification bout, AJ will take another high-profile fight against former UFC champion Francis Ngannou.
The matchup pits two of combat sports’ heaviest punchers together against one another.
How To Watch Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou in March
- Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou will headline a boxing card on March 8
- The fight will take place at the Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- The card will air exclusively on DAZN pay-per-view
Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou Preview
This pairing has the potential to deliver a highlight reel finish. Both men are renowned for their knockout power and have provided fans with some of the more memorable stoppages in recent memory. But there is much more beneath the surface of this matchup.
Experience: Both fighters found combat sports later in life than the majority of their peers. Joshua began training at 18 years old while Ngannou started his journey at 22. They also made their respective professional debuts in 2013.
But Joshua dedicated himself to boxing while Ngannou found success in mixed martial arts. Ngannou only recently made the transition out of MMA with an October loss to Fury. With an Olympic gold medal and 30 professional boxing matches in the rearview mirror, the experience factor is far in Joshua’s favor.
Physicality: Among the many fighters in MMA and boxing, Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou stand out as perhaps the two most physically imposing figures aesthetically. This will be the rare time that either man faces someone who could have been drawn from the same comic book.
The looks just aren’t for show. Both men are gifted athletes who have found great success in bullying opponents with brute strength and explosive power while maintaining impressive agility.
Shock Factor: While Ngannou came up short against Fury, he gave the undefeated “Gypsy King” his toughest test since the first Deontay Wilder fight. The lineal MMA champ’s performance came as a big surprise to many who counted on Fury to have an easy evening.
Fury came in unaware of how great of a challenge stood in front of him. That will not be the case with Anthony Joshua. “AJ” will go in knowing that he must be at his best to defeat Ngannou.
What Makes Anthony Joshua So Popular?
Joshua has emerged as one of the most electrifying heavyweight boxers of this generation. He has not only proven himself to be one of the fight game’s most reliable finishers but he’s also been involved with his fair share of exciting wars. Here are some other interesting facts about “AJ.”
- Anthony Joshua record: 27-3 (24 knockouts, 3 decisions)
- Anthony Joshua last fight: Joshua scored a fifth-round TKO on Otto Wallin in December 2023
- Anthony Joshua height: 6-foot-6
- Anthony Joshua won his first world title by second-round knockout over Charles Martin in 2016
- He has earned stoppage wins in 80% of his fights
- Joshua holds notable wins over Otto Wallin, Andy Ruiz Jr., Alexander Povetkin, Joseph Parker, Wladimir Klitschko, and Dillian Whyte
- Joshua won the gold medal in the 2012 Olympics just five years after entering a boxing gym
- The 34-year-old was born in England to Nigerian immigrants.
Anthony Joshua’s Net Worth
Joshua’s success in the ring has given him some hefty financial rewards. His net worth is estimated to be £180 million which converts to nearly $230 million.