The Max Holloway next fight news has finally arrived, and the featherweight legend’s return to the Octagon is set for April at UFC 300. However, “Blessed” will be moving up in weight to face one of the best lightweight fighters of all time for the popular BMF championship.
Max Holloway next fight opponent options?
In August, Holloway scored a second straight win when he sent the “Korean Zombie” into retirement with a thunderous third-round knockout. Now, he will look to add to his amazing resume when he takes on former interim lightweight champion Justin Gaethje for his platinum BMF title.
The matchup will be one of the featured fights at UFC 300 and is set up to be a legendary showdown of two of the most beloved competitors of their era.
How to watch Holloway vs. Gaethje in April
- Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje will be a featured matchup at UFC 300 on Apr. 13
- The fight will take place inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas
- The card will air exclusively on ESPN+ pay-per-view for a price of $79.99
Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje preview
On paper, this fight should be an absolute barnburner. However, the two future UFC Hall-of-Famers have some key advantages over their opponent that will offer them a clear route to victory on fight night.
Power vs. Technique: What has made Justin Gaethje such a successful fighter is he has big power in his hands and the ability to put opponents to sleep at any time. However, he isn’t the most technical fighter in his division and can be hit.
On the flip side, Max Holloway is, arguably, the best boxer on the UFC roster but his lack of serious power has kept his foes in fights longer than they should be. Seeing what wins on fight night — power or technique/speed — will be a fascinating watch for UFC fans in April.
A Battle of Elite Chins: What has made these two men popular with cage-fighter aficionados is their durability is second to none. Both can take it as good as they get it and have been a part of some of the best fights of the last decade. Since they offer such unique challenges for each other on the feet, the fighter whose chin holds up the best could determine who walks home with the BMF belt.
The bottom line: It isn’t often that legitimate dream fights get made, but this fight is a true treat for fight fans while both men are still at the peak of their powers. It is a win for diehards of the sport and is one of the must-see fights on the 2024 UFC calendar.
What makes Max Holloway so popular?
Despite the greatness of Jose Aldo before him, many observers of the sport view Holloway as the greatest featherweight fighter in UFC history. Although Volkanovski may go on to usurp his place in history eventually, “Blessed’s” resume speaks for itself. And he will only add to it with many prime years still ahead of him.
The Best Boxer in MMA: Although Holloway is a complete fighter, he is a featherweight legend for his elite-level striking and the boxing he has often proclaimed as the best in the UFC.
- Max Holloway record: 25-7
- Max Holloway stats: Blessed has scored 11 knockouts and 2 submission wins during his career
- Max Holloway age: 32 years old
- Max Holloway wife: “Blessed” started dating surfer Alessa Quizon in 2020 and the couple eventually married in 2022.
- With over 28 fights in the top MMA promotion in the world, Holloway has compiled a 21-7 record. Eight of those matchups were title fights.
- Holloway earned the moniker of UFC featherweight GOAT from his decisive victories over former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar, current 155-pound titlist Charles Oliveira, Chan Sung Jung, Brian Ortega, and Jose Aldo (twice).
- His record is far from perfect but it has taken elite-level talent to beat him. All but one of his seven losses in the Octagon game against former or current UFC champions.
- Hawaiian MMA great BJ Penn was long seen as the greatest fighter to ever come out of “The Aloha State.” However, Holloway has surpassed Penn’s notoriety and become the face of Pacific Islands cage fighting.
Max Holloway’s net worth
Money is often one of the greatest measuring sticks for a fighter’s success. As of 2024, Holloway’s net worth is estimated to be over $2 million.