PFL Europe returns in September with another playoff event that will see the promotional debut of Cedric Doumbe. Four different weight classes will hold playoff fights, along with qualifier bouts for next year.
PFL Europe Sets Stage For September
The next PFL Europe event is set for September, as Cedric Doumbe makes his promotional debut.
PFL Europe Playoffs takes place September 30 from Paris, France with “win or go home” matchups in four different weight divisions. Also, the event will feature qualifiers for 2024 tournaments.
In the main event, Doumbe squares off with unbeaten Jordan Zebo in an all-French showdown. Doumbe is a former Glory kickboxing champion who signed with the PFL earlier this year.
Abdoul Abouraguimov will make his PFL debut, as the 27-year-old fighter puts his 16-1 record on the line against Quemuel Ottoni, who is 12-3 and on a five-fight win streak.
“PFL Europe’s first event in Paris will bring the MMA league format to France for the first time,” said Dan Hardy, head of fighter operations for PFL Europe. “We have eight playoff bouts between the winners of the regular season, all competing for a chance at the European Championship and $100,000 prize, headlined by a kickboxing superstar Cédric Doumbé and one of MMA’s hottest prospects Abdoul Abdouraguimov.
“If you’re a combat sports fan, there is nowhere better to be on September 30th.”
PFL Europe is the PFL’s first international league and showcases the very best MMA athletes across Europe and holding quarterly events throughout 2023, which began in Newcastle on March 25. The ground-breaking league features 32 of Europe’s top fighters from 14 countries competing across four weight divisions.
After four events, four PFL Europe Champions will be crowned with each Champion taking home $100,000. Champions also have a chance to earn a spot on the PFL Global Roster and the $1 million global season prize.
PFL Europe Playoffs Paris Card
- Cédric Doumbé (4-0, France) vs Jordan Zebo (4-0, France)
- Abdoul Abdouraguimov (16-1, France) vs Quemuel Ottoni (12-3, Brazil)
- Anthony Salamone (8-1, France) vs Jakob Nedoh (6-1, Slovenia)
- Siméon Powell (8-0, England) vs Abdellah Er-Ramy (7-1, Spain)
- Dakota Ditcheva (8-0, England) vs Cornelia Holm (6-5, Sweden)
- Yazid Chouchane (9-3, France) vs Luigi Vendramini (9-3, Italy)
- Frans Mlambo (14-5, Ireland) vs Francesco Nuzzi (10-1, Italy)
- Dylan Tuke (6-3, Ireland) vs Jakub Kaszuba (9-0, Poland)
- John Mitchell (7-1, Ireland) vs Alex Chizov (10-2, Latvia)
- Ali Taleb (9-0, Sweden) vs Khurshed Kakhorov (10-1, Germany)
- Griet Eeckhout (7-4-1, Belgium) vs Valentina Scatizzi (2-1, Italy)
- Lizzy Gevers (2-1, Netherlands) vs Shanelle Dyer (2-0, England)