The Alex Pereira next fight news has been confirmed, as the reigning UFC light heavyweight champion will defend his title at UFC 300. Standing opposite “Poatan” inside the Octagon will be former champion Jamahal Hill.
Who will Alex Pereira next fight be against?
Hill, who was forced to vacate the crown due to suffering an injury during International Fight Week last year, is now ready to return. The 32-year-old from Chicago has won four in a row, highlighted by his 2023 decision at UFC 283 vs. Glover Teixeira for the belt.
How to watch Pereira vs. Hill in April
- Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill will be the main vent for UFC 300 on April 13.
- The fight will take place inside the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, which is just outside of Las Vegas.
- The card will air exclusively on ESPN+ pay-per-view for a price of $79.99
- UFC 300 ticket information is available
Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill preview
Pereira has taken the promotion by storm, scoring titles at multiple weight classes while showcasing his incredible striking skills. He bested Israel Adesanya for the middleweight belt before moving up to light heavyweight and taking the crown there. Hill, meanwhile, had the same rapid climb, stunning fans when he captured gold in 2023.
Octagon rust: For Hill, this will be his first fight since January 2023 after suffering his injury during the summer of that year. He has always been an active fighter, so it will be interesting to see how the time off plays into consideration against Pereira.
Among the elite: Pereira is the fastest fighter in UFC history to win belts at two different weight classes. The former kickboxing star has had an amazing career in the company and has further changed the thinking of what stars from his previous sport can do in MMA.
The deciding factor: Can Hill overcome his extended layoff and figure out a way to keep Pereira at bay? Or will the Brazilian use his hands of stone to overpower the former champion and defend his title for the first time?
What makes Alex Pereira so popular?
Throughout his 52-fight combat sports career, Pereira has made a habit out of finishing his opponent. He owns 21 knockouts in kickboxing, seven in mixed martial arts, and one in his lone boxing bout.
- Alex Pereira Record: 9-2
- Alex Pereira height: 6-foot-4
- Alex Pereira stats: The man known as “Poatan” has recorded seven of his nine wins by knockout inside the cage.
- Prior to becoming a two-division UFC champion, Pereira was a two-division Glory champion, winning gold at light heavyweight and middleweight.
- He was inducted into the Glory Hall of Fame in 2023 and also won the WGP Kickboxing Middleweight title in 2015.
- Pereira captured the UFC middleweight championship in 2022 when he finished Israel Adesanya. He lost the belt in the rematch and won the vacant light heavyweight title in November with a second-round TKO over Jiri Prochazka.
- During their kickboxing days, Pereira picked up a pair of victories over Adesanya in 2016 and 2017. He made his lone boxing appearance in 2017 and scored a third-round TKO.
- After dropping his MMA debut in 2015, Pereira reeled off seven consecutive wins, including a 2022 finish of former UFC champion Sean Strickland at UFC 276.
Alex Pereira’s net worth
Money is often one of the greatest measuring sticks for a fighter’s success. As of 2023, Pereira’s net worth is estimated to be $2 million.