As he has done so many times before, Demetrious Johnson put on a show at ONE Fight Night 10.
Demetrious Johnson proves “Mighty” once more
The event aired live on Amazon Prime from the 1stBank Center just outside Denver, Colorado.
It marked the third encounter between Johnson and Moraes, with the former UFC champion prevailing twice. Both of the meetings prior were ended by flying knees, while this one went the full 25 minutes.
Moraes extended his appreciation for Johnson.
“Congratulations to the champ,” Moraes said. “I just want say thanks for everyone who support me in this journey, thank you very much. Much love and respect. I will never give up.”
Rodtang, Musumeci defend titles
The other two reigning ONE champions both defended their titles, as well. Rodtang Jitmuangnon knocked out Edgar Tabares, while Mikey Musumeci submitted Osamah Almarwai.
The Thai superstar’s offense proved to be a handful for the Mexican, as Rodtang fired on all cylinders. Rodtang continued to press the action in the second round and caught Tabares with a clean elbow to end the night.
After catching Almarwai with a heel hook, he appeared to be on the path to victory. However, Musumeci eventually abandoned the hold and ended matters when he took Almarwai’s back and latched on to the match-ending rear-naked choke.
Stamp Fairtex, Sage Northcutt among other winners
Several former ONE champions also picked up wins including Stamp Fairtex. In another featured bout, Sage Northcutt made his triumphant return, earning a quick submission.
Fairtex knocked out Alyse Anderson in the second round while Northcutt submitted Ahmed Mujtaba with a heel hook just seconds into their bout.
Aung La N Sang, Zebaztian Kadestam and Kairat Akhmetov were also winners.
ONE Fight Night 10 Results
- Demetrious Johnson defeats Adriano Moraes via unanimous decision to retain the ONE Flyweight World Title
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon defeats Edgar Tabares via KO at 1:34 of round two to retain the ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Title
- Mikey Musumeci defeats Osamah Almarwai via submission (rear-naked choke) at 8:03 of round one to retain the ONE Flyweight Submission Grappling World Title
- Stamp Fairtex defeats Alyse Anderson via KO at 2:27 of round two (MMA – atomweight)
- Zebaztian Kadestam defeats Roberto Soldic via KO at 0:45 of round two (MMA – welterweight)
- Sage Northcutt defeats Ahmed Mujtaba via submission (heel hook) at 0:39 of round one (MMA – lightweight)
- Aung La N Sang defeats Fan Rong via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:48 of round two (MMA – middleweight)
- Tye Ruotolo defeats Reinier de Ridder via unanimous decision (submission grappling – middleweight)
- Jackie Buntan defeats Diandra Martin via TKO at 2:34 of round one (Muay Thai – catchweight 131 lbs.)
- Kairat Akhmetov defeats Reece McLaren via unanimous decision (MMA – flyweight)
- Ok Rae Yoon defeats Lowen Tynanes via unanimous decision (MMA – lightweight)