Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev weren’t scheduled to meet for the UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 282.
But they aren’t going to miss out on the opportunity presented to them.
Blachowicz and Ankalaev will collide Saturday night to crown a new champion after reigning titleholder Jiri Prochazka dropped the belt.
Prochazka was to defend vs. Glover Teixeira, but an injury knocked him out. He opted to vacate the title without making a defense.
And that is how we arrived at Saturday night.
Here are predictions for that fight along with the rest of the scheduled action.
UFC 282 Predictions
* Jan Blachowicz over Magomed Ankalaev via fourth round submission
* Paddy Pimblett over Jared Gordon via first round submission
* Santiago Ponzinibbio over Alex Morono via split decision
* Darrenn Till over Dricus du Plessis via third round submission
* Ilia Topuira over Bryce Mitchell via unanimous decision
* Jairzinho Rozenstruik over Chris Daukaus via unanimous decision
* Jay Perrin over Raul Rosasa Jr. via third round submission
* Edmen Shahbazyan over Dalcha Lungiambula via split decision
* Joaquin Buckley over Chris Curtis via split decision
* Alexander Hernandez over Billy Quarantillo via first round TKO
* Erik Silva over T.J. Brown via split decision
* Vinicius Salvador over Daniel da Silva via second round TKO
* Steven Koslow over Cameron Saaiman via unanimous decision